Mission, Vision, Values and Goals
UConn Health is dedicated to helping people achieve and maintain healthy lives and restoring wellness/health to maximum attainable levels.
In this quest, we will continuously enable students, professionals and agencies in promoting the health of Connecticut’s citizens. We will consistently pursue excellence and innovation in the education of health professionals; the discovery, dissemination and utilization of new knowledge; the provision of patient care; and the promotion of wellness.
UConn Health will be nationally recognized for improving the health of the citizens of Connecticut through innovative integration of research, education, and clinical care.
We will be admired nationally for the quality of health professionals we train. We will be viewed as a model for the integration of the latest knowledge into the provision of health care and disease prevention and for transferring what we have learned into the community. Our research will be relevant, contributory and transforming. Our signature programs will have a national reputation based upon translational clinical research, such that patients from a broad geographic area will seek out UConn Health for prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Regionally, we will have a strong reputation for utilizing the most effective care practices as well as maintaining the highest levels of patient safety and satisfaction, leading patients to consistently choose UConn Health medical and dental clinical services over other providers. The best students will want to attend our schools and the most skilled faculty and staff will want to join our organization. We will be an indispensable partner to the State in health care policy development. We will make significant contributions to the improvement of the health of Connecticut citizens, particularly in underserved communities. We will be financially strong.
- Recognize and support excellence
- Realize the maximal potential of our students, faculty and staff
- Promote professionalism, compassion, diversity, and social responsibility
- Promote innovation in discovery, education and health care delivery, and
- Be nationally recognized as the school that best prepares health care professionals for their respective roles, now and in the future.
- Be regionally recognized for having the highest levels of patient safety and for consistently integrating best practices and assimilating the most current medical and dental knowledge into the care we provide.
- By 2020, be nationally recognized in selected areas of biomedical and translational research, particularly within our signature programs.
- Develop strong linkages with State policy makers and agencies to become a critical resource in the formation of health policy.
- Develop models of health care, disease prevention and health promotion and outreach programs that meaningfully improve the health of underserved populations.
- Be a leader in the provision of competency-enhancing continuing education to Connecticut’s medical, dental, and public health professionals, advancing best practices of care and knowledge of healthy behaviors.
- Make a unique and valuable contribution to the understanding of disease and the promotion of wellness through research in fundamental biomedical, clinical, and public health sciences.
- Be nationally recognized for the quality of care we provide particularly in our signature programs.
- Be the healthcare provider of choice by delivering the highest levels of patient satisfaction and cost-effective care.
- Develop an efficient and effective organization that achieves levels of profitability that will sustain and enhance the institution and enable it to attract capital to invest in the advancement of its priorities.
- Be the employer of “first choice” in our region for people who want to be part of a caring, committed, talented, and diverse workforce dedicated to advancing health and wellness for the people of Connecticut.