Urinary incontinence, pelvic organ support problems, and bladder disorders affect the health and quality of life of millions of men and woman of all ages.
While there are many new therapies that offer excellent relief of symptoms of incontinence, bladder problems, and vaginal prolapse; the best results always depend upon a thorough evaluation and understanding the problem.
At the Center for Continence and Voiding Disorders, we believe that individualizing the evaluation and treatment of each patient’s symptoms is the key to successful treatment.
The Center for Continence and Voiding Disorders offers thorough diagnostic services and a wide variety of treatments for urinary incontinence, bladder problems, and vaginal prolapse.
We strive to provide education about how these problems occur, as well as the available treatments, in order for individuals to make informed choices about their own treatment. This care occurs in an environment that is sensitive and respectful of an individual’s needs, goals, and medical condition.
Bladder problems can be caused by many conditions, including urinary tract or vaginal infections, muscle weakness, hormone imbalance, and neurological disorders. At the Center for Continence and Voiding Disorders, we have the latest tools and equipment.
Your evaluation may include:
- Physical examination
- Urine examination
- Multi-channel urodynamics
- Electrodiagnostic testing (EMG) of the pelvic floor
- Other imaging and laboratory studies
The Center for Continence and Voiding Disorders offers a team approach that improves patient outcomes.
Comprehensive diagnostic services and treatment options are coordinated with referring physicians and can include collaboration with the following departments:
- Urology – areas of expertise include urologic cancers, prostate diseases, kidney stones, laparoscopic surgery of the kidney, urinary control problems, erectile dysfunction, and male infertility.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology – services include regular, preventive OB/GYN care and help with issues such as complete prenatal care, managing menopause, and minimally invasive and laparoscopic gynecological surgery.
- Geriatrics – services include strategies for healthy aging, primary and preventive care, and management of unique health concerns in older adults.
Working collaboratively, we will help individuals select the most appropriate course of treatment depending on their goals and medical condition.
|Phillip P. Smith, M.D., FPMRS|
Your physician may refer you to our center for consultation and diagnosis only, or for both consultation and treatment. You may also schedule your own appointment.
Center for Continence and Voiding Disorders
65 Kane Street
West Hartford, CT 06119